A little goes a long way in the hands of our creative and innovative partners in Kenya. Together with your support, we provided the capital needed for YOCHAN to purchase land, pay title fee, and construct a new Resource Center. Charles Owino, founder of YOCHAN, listed the ways this investment is changing his community:
- “Alleviate poverty since the needy youths…earn livelihood from the proceeds of the detergent business
- Our community will be more empowered by information accesible in our resource centre on issues of hiv, drugs, development,human rights-youth,children,women and health.
- OPTIMISTIC ATTITUDE DEVELOPED THROUGH OUR PEER COUNSELING AND EDUCATION SESSIONS IN THE RESOURCE CENTRE.
- Prolonged lifespan due to ability to protect oneself against hiv through our advocacy programs in hiv/aids.
- Increased security since most of the youths are kept busy through the games available in the resource centre and other YOCHAN activities.”
We are in the final 2 days of our “Stand With Us” campaign. We are about half way to our goal of 200 investments. Will you stand with us so we can continue to stand with our incredible partners like Charles and YOCHAN?